Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trains - Little Ones

 I adore toy trains. When we were little and Dad's trains would come out, it was always such a thrill. There were big ones and little ones. An engine that produced real steam. I loved the way they smelled when the metal got hot. Though they never did go quite as fast as I wanted them to.

Naturally, in addition to 'real' trains the Railroad Museum has some lovely diorama toy trains set up. Drool.  






Do you think there is a minimum age limit to join one of those toy train clubs where old retired gents get together and build large scale sets? I think I would be quite skilled. And how fun would it be to sit around and listen to their stories.

These museum layout are so bright and cheery - I forget sometimes that the world doesn't actually look like this.

No comments: