Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Barn - Part 3 (Recordings)

In the barn two lovely discoveries were made. The first, by C, was a group of film rolls including my first Christmas, Easter and my christening (which I think was at a Lutheran church, but I’m not certain about that, as I don’t remember it). I can’t wait to find the necessary apparatus to watch them.


Second was a vinyl record that bunked up with a record in the case of a country singer from the 60’s. It fell out as I was going through the records in a box my grandparents have in the barn. The label says “The Simms, McKenzie and Taconis families” and is dated Nov. 27th ’38. This means my grandma B was 2 years old when her parents, with her aunt and said aunt’s first husband, and likely some friends of theirs made this recording. I can’t wait to find out what’s on it. I’m hoping its them singing Christmas songs or something ridiculous...but who knows. 

No comments: