Friday, January 20, 2012

The Barn - Part 6 (Random Stuff)

M & D have five children, it follows that there is quite a bit of randomness among the dust particles. 

J's carefully wrapped art (can you tell she works in a museum?) and husband J's aviators - which C and I discovered are too crooked for wearing, but the bubble wrap looked lovely in them. 


Ah, the 80's - a time when a child (J) could take a lunch box to school with a man holding a machine gun on the front.

G came out and saw the treasured noontime meal receptacle and asked "Who is that?" She didn't know who Dick Tracy was - generation gap. Have we failed her as her older siblings? I feel like we are missing out on so many opportunities for her to look at us like we are ridiculous. And we really owe that to her, for all the years of Barney she put us through - or maybe that was C. 

This is what I was thrilled to discover - stamp sets M had bought when I was little. I still think the 'Fun with Architecture' set was one of the greatest ideas ever, sadly the little stamps inside did not hold ink well, making it difficult to actually construct anything. I should credit that faulty rubber with saving me from a pursuit of the discipline leading to probable unemployment.


Fun with Hieroglyphs did work, but I remember finding it quite difficult to construct sentences. Perhaps it didn't help that there were only 24 stamps in the set...wow, I was kind of, well, I guess my educational path makes a little more sense looking at toys like that. 

No comments: