Monday, January 30, 2012

Ag Ads

At the Railroad Museum, in one of the boxcars, they have an exhibit of vintage ads for different agricultural enterprises. My apologies from the outset, for the battle I lost with the glare from the lights - the images are not flush against the wall. I did manage to resit the urge to break through the glass and improve the arrangement of the exhibit.


 I don't know what it is about vintage signs, the color scheme, the sometimes naive and entertaining marketing elements, but I find them fascinating.

 "Extra Fancy" California Pears

"Fancy" Mountain Grown Plums

 This one baffles me - "A-Okay" California Fruits...with a rocket?...in space, with the moon?

Fido Brand Citrus - doesn't the dog look slightly terrified?

It looks like the wings of this glider plane are on fire.

Did you know I love lemons? I'd like to try a meteor lemon...I had no idea lemons came from space.

Perhaps it is the winning combination of charm and hilarity that pulls me in.

No comments: