Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trains - Big Ones

I LOVE the Railroad Museum. I have great memories going there as a kid, it is fascinating. While T was visiting, we stopped in.


 Walking through the reflecting halls.

 The kitchen car - they have some hilarious mannequins.

 The mail car.




Love the paint job.


 Engine #1



About to get run over.

T gets her ticket.


They show a great little documentary you can watch in the theater before going into the museum. I'll admit  walking through the moving train simulation makes me slightly ill.


Next time I’m taking the tour guided by the little old man in coveralls. He seems a dream. While we were viewing one of the engines a visitor was speaking with one of the volunteers in the  engineer’s seat, they were discussing his time in Nam and how he went into North Vietnam with special ops and some CIA guys – it took everything I had to walk away from their conversation rather than stand there invasively listening.

No comments: