Friday, January 6, 2012

Map

It can take me quite a while to finish a project. Hence why photos of the project I started for G's birthday last year have still yet to be posted. Her 13th birthday just passed - maybe I'll finish before her 14th.

A few months ago I finished the first in a group of related projects. Maybe someday I'll get a fully conceived plan together, in the meantime here is what's done so far. 

Step 1: oil painting - my canvas was to small - sadly California had to be left off the map.
Bigger canvas next time. 

Step 2: affix stamps from mail received from students while at UCD.
Step 3: Affix coins.

Finished

At some point I'm going to make some similar poster prints...you know, with all my vast amounts of free time. 

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

You are sickeningly tallented. LOVE the stamps on there. Great idea.

Ariane said...

Seriously impressive! I love this!