My folks have a rather large orange tree, which produces rather large oranges. Some the size of grapefruit. Dad dropped off a bag and I have been enjoying them tremendously. Because what is better than a backyard orange when its sunny and 70 degrees outside? Maybe being outside, rather than inside, at a desk, looking out the window at the beautiful weather...at least the orange is delicious.
Speaking of Father S can I brag for a moment about how he is the nicest man on earth. After
C1’s birthday dinner it got late and I needed to drive J and the babes back to Elk Grove. The babes were starting to have breakdowns and fits – candy, cake and ice cream do that to a 2 and 3 year old. My saint of a father offered to drive them all the way from Winters just to save me the less than 30 min extra on my trip to drive to Elk Grove before going home. That's almost an hour and a half for him – and he didn’t even blink an eye offering. My guilt complex kicked in and I protested. Really? I’m going to be selfish enough for 30 min of sleep and make my Dad drive them? He countered by stating it was not a big deal. It is a big deal, and he was nice enough to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment