Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Sale 2013 - Part 1

I love the annual Sacramento Friends of the Library book bag sale. Last year J took me for the first time and I about died. This weekend I think I exceeded my haul last year. 6 bags this time - at $6 a bag I was pleased. Though my shoulders are still in pain from carrying more than my weight in books. I found a handful of books to read, and many more for projects. The basic criteria was (1) they have a fantastic cover, (2) be about the right size, (3) right thickness, (4) not be a hideous color, and if possible (5) have a funny/strange/ironic title. It didn't hurt if they contained some fantastic illustrations to boot. I'll share photos of some of my favorites later this week.


One goal was to look through as many books as possible and find as many volumes as I could which had personalized messages written in them. Sadly, but very good for Friends, it was ridiculously crowded in the space. It felt as though I was knocking people over with my bags. I did manage to find one or two inscriptions. I love reading what people write inside a book they present as a gift, it's such an interesting record of the books history and hopefully it's meaning to to the giver.



Here is "most" of what I came home with. 


No comments: