I've always questioned the nursery rhyme's claim that the old man couldn't get out of bed because he bumped his head...he had every reason to stay warm in bed, it was raining and pouring. Now, I actually do like the rain. I have fond memories of my friend S and I taking walks around the block in the rain singing. I'm grateful Davis was the kind of place parents let 5 and 6 year-olds run around by themselves on the streets. I have many fond memories of rain, from California, to Utah, to Florida, to Paris, to Morocco, and Spain. But sometimes, sometimes, I loath it and wish I had bumped my head enough to stay in bed. Mostly the frustration related to proper rain gear. How does the saying go, there is no bad weather only improper preparation. I am frequently grossly unprepared for rain.

The road connecting W to eastern civilization is prone to flooding. Has been for as long as I remember. Always along the same stretch of road. Recently it was so bad my tires were splashing water all the way up the side of the onto the roof. It was a relief the little Fiat did not float off the road.
But as it will (hopefully) rain for extensive periods of time until May I'm trying to head bumping and snoring, I'm all out of vacation so I have to get up in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment