Thursday, December 6, 2012

Sometimes You Need Sushi

It's been a curious week. A curious last few months. My boss called me in today to make sure I'm getting enough support in my life and ask if there was anything I needed. He kindly offered to let me hide in an office away from my desk & coworkers, and might have offered me more time off. Generous considering I was out for more than two weeks in October, out for a week and a half in November, and I'll get another week and a half off in December for the holidays. I can't think of the last time I spent so much time away from work. I'm practically part-time.

I couldn't help but smile when boss inquired about my personal support system and if I had a place to escape. I'm grateful for wonderful friends, who tell me I'm handling things beautifully when I'm merely hanging on. Or who put up with pages and pages of daily emails - thanks T!

Sometimes you just need some sushi to talk over. And a heater at your desk - it is freezing in our office.

No comments: