Thursday, December 20, 2012

Clarity


Yesterday I had a marvelous epiphany. Sitting in the temple with good friends, C & T, as C received her endowment I was completely overcome by how grateful I was to be there with them. The thought flashed through my mind, “well why did you think you were still here?” Not that C specifically needed me, of all people, to be there but I needed to be there, for me. I found a reason behind something that has seriously been frustrating me for months, years even. Not that it is THE reason, but it is definitely A reason to still be here. For the first time I was relieved job applications have been rejected, ideal jobs have been offered to others, and that I haven’t been able to get out of town.

Moments prior, adorable temple workers asked how T & I knew C – flashback: I was not thrilled when I was called to be the Relief Society president for our local church unit (the previous time I did it basically ran away from my ward) only a month before T called me to ask about attending the missionary discussions with C. Even that calling had a bigger purpose, beyond simply humbling me. I have been immeasurably blessed to know these wonderful ladies for the last year and a half. It's nice to realize sometimes that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

Sitting quietly in my seat I had the same feeling I get when I turn the last page of a book I’ve loved reading. You know the feeling? Fulfilled, accomplished, enlightened, and knowing you’ll carry the story with you always.
The adorable sister missionaries were kind enough to take our photo.
I know you all can read my mind, and totally extrapolated potential meaning for the end of the book simile.
Sooooo, WHAT IS NEXT?

Exciting stuff!! Check back in January...or March...more likely April...hopefully by May. I got an invitation to interview in DC for a marvelous gig. Cross your fingers.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

Best post EVER! Especially because you leave us with a cliffhanger! This is exactly what I was hoping to read. I wonder how seeing me progress feels for my elders and what goes through their head. I sat next you wondering what was going through yours. I honestly figured you and "T" where probably thinking, "nothing new here. Same sesh as always". I would have been so lost without you guys. You make such a fantastic point about still being here. Especially since I think we both want out of here equally haha.

KES said...

Oh, it's always something new :)

Ariane said...

I agree and amazing blog post! Excited for both of you!

Tiffany Kadani said...

You know... when they asked you how you knew Caitlin, I thought the exact same thing. What if you weren't the RS President? Oh my gosh... I can't even imagine. Seriously. How different our worlds would be.