It's slightly shocking to me that she is 14. In a few years she will be exactly half my age. When she was born that seemed ages away, now it's around the corner. Though it was a rather sorrowful week for our family, I believe both my mother and I enjoyed having the distraction of party planning. She throughly enjoyed watching me make all the tea sandwiches.
G & Co.
I stayed up much to late the night before doing paper projects.
Snack spread.
The great petits fours disaster:
The party has started, the girls are out in the front playing croquet while M & C1 work on making frosting. Sadly the melted sugar base reached a temperature much to high and became a mass of hard candy. I came to the rescue - meaning a much simpler glaze was whisked together. However, with the girls already back inside, the rush left many cakes decidedly haphazard. Not that a group of 14 year-old girls care.
Thank goodness we don't have to do a Quinceanera next year.
1 comment:
KRISTEN!!! This is beautiful! The petite fours are gorgeous!! Isn't it crazy when those little babes grow up? I'm not close with my sister but its still a trip. I can only imagine what its like for you.
Post a Comment