Last weekend was the holiday concert for the Oakland East Bay Gay Men's Chorus which D started singing with after moving to the bay. I must admit that I have been un-enthused about the holidays this year. Halloween, Thanksgiving, nothing has had that holiday feeling. I must thank the concert for at least getting me slightly thrilled at the prospect of Christmas.
N and I had a great time, N watched the Oregon/UCLA game, I took photos and texted. We were very attentive attendees. At one point the choir came out completely dressed in medievalesque garb and sang some tavern songs - maybe you know the opera, I was simply confused. Costume changes are always fun I guess.
D, ready for the quartet.
Back in November when I stayed with D & N the quartet came to rehearse their number, I happened to recorded one full song on my phone. You can all now enjoy a little bit of the concert, well, it was one of their first practices, a month before the performance - but still lovely.
D got his own solo, I got goosebumps. Actually I got them three times during the show, I'd call that a success.
I wish I had a photo of this, but one of the choir gents had a leopard print cuffed Santa hat, after the performance the local Concord botox queen was hunting down that cat hat, as I overheard her say, "I just must have it!"
Here is the song - sadly I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the music file to upload without putting it to a video and iMovie required photos to go with it, so you may have to look at them all again. Or just close your eyes and listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment