Remember last year when I was volunteering for the California Museum...since I neglected to take any photos of the exhibit when I was there at the grand opening, when I had a chance to go back and visit in October I thought I would snap a few photos.
If you visit and see this map (thankfully this photo doesn't show well) whoever changed the colors somehow completely skewed the layers and the thing now looks like something I would be horrified to claim as my work, but they changed it, so that's not my fault...wish they would have called and had me do it.
This language exhibit actually turned out great. The map I designed indicates the locations of different language groups. You press one of the buttons below the map and a speaker hanging from the ceiling plays a recording of the sentence it corresponds with in each of the different languages, while a light behind the image indicates the language currently being played.
Then there was the Pygmy Mammoth exhibit. Drawing those elephants seriously took me forever, so even though they removed the African elephant from the original image (it was a bit crowded, but that's what they asked for) they didn't make many changes which I appreciated.
My initial task was simply to do the research to come up with the numbers for this population timeline, then I got to do the graphic for it, and then more and more. It really was lovely to see something I worked on/designed hanging in a museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment