Saturday, November 26, 2011

Archives Crawl

October was Archives Month - I know you are all shocked you somehow managed to miss it.... This year Sacramento tried something new to mark it, an archives crawl. The first weekend of October four local repositories hosted about 25 different institutions for an archives crawl - it was a library/history lovers dream. Each place had tables and tables of what I found fascinating information and there were representatives from each of the participants there to answer questions and tell stories.

For instance were you aware that Sacramento is home to the Archives of the Little People of America? At one of the locations they had a table with different photos from the archive - including one from the San Diego International Exhibitions "Midget Farm".




Everyone passed out wonderful goodies and had lovely stories - it was an event. 


I'd like to know why the Everly Brothers, Connie Francis, and Johnny Mathis aren't still performing at the State Fair? There was no information for what year this was at the State Fair - but I feel like maybe I would have enjoyed it a little more back when. 

No comments: