Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chalk it Up!

The Saturday before Labor Day K&A and I spent the afternoon at Fremont Park. A band K heard and enjoyed on one of the small stages at the State Fair was playing in the park and I was thrilled to look at all the sidewalk art. Each year people sign up for a square of the sidewalk and have three days to complete their masterpiece on it. My co-worker A and her fiance both signed up for squares (it was their 8th year doing it). A lot of the squares were sponsored by different companies or organizations. Some of the art was amazing, some was ridiculous and I thought a lot of them were cheating as they were using the chalk as a pigment in water and painting with it - so a lot less skill was required, though it did look amazing when properly executed. Here are some scenes from the day. Monday I went back with J and the babes, it was fun to see the progress people made over the course of the weekend and the finished products.













No comments: