Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Boise #1

Earlier this month I took a few days off work and headed up to Boise to visit KTKKC. It was so wonderful to get away and the visit was a million times better than the last quick trip I made up to see her - when in rained practically the entire time I was there.
I will say that the rather small plane that was to carry us there seemed an adventure in itself. The gent I sat next to owned his own plane and expounded to me all the joys of flying a plane like the one we were in. When we finally landed in Idaho he proceeded to point out the other types of planes parked around the tarmac. He was most thrilled to talk to me (notice its to and not with) about the anti-tank Air Force planes a few hundred feet from us - I seriously cannot go anywhere with out an AF plane popping up. 

I was so thrilled to see KT. She did have to head back to work right from the airport which worked out fine, as that meant I got to hang out at Cafe Ole and have a delish lunch. The refried beans you get with you chips & salsa really are to die for. The water in Boise was sadly metal tap tasting - I use a lot of lemons in CA - this is what my water looked like in Boise. How many lemon slices you ask?


Nine!

KT has been trying to describe the hideous mint green color of her house for many months, it did not disappoint. 



I still can't believe she owns a house - so grown up. 
She must have known I was coming because this tray had taken up residence on the side table in the living room. I did not take an after photo, it would have been too depressing. 


When we were making plans for what to eat during my visit I told her the only thing I had to have was brulee banana splits. KT was the first person I ever ate these with and it is seriously heaven. She cuts the banana in half lengthwise, sets is cur side down in sugar to coat it completely and then pulls out the kitchen torch and caramelizes the sugar on the banana. Combined with Cafe Ole's carmel and chocolate sauce over ice cream and it's divine. I believe we had one such sunday 3 out of 4 of the nights I was there. 



 Saturday we walked around downtown, visited the farmers market, and went to a street fair. I was impressed with all the little preserved vintage touches in many of the buildings.




This might be my most favorite fish tank ever! They took and old wooden TV, removed all the electronics and put a fish tank in - where do I get one?


 Color sorted candy heaven at Goody's Soda Fountain and Candy Shop.


C - if you can catch the size reference here - those "Extra Large" jawbreakers in the glass jar are the size you usually get, they are smaller than the jawbreakers to the far right, and you can see how much smaller those are in comparison to the "Mega". 


Goody's also happens to have fantastic ice cream - boysenberry and pink lemonade. 


No comments: