The part of Memorial Day weekend that I didn't spend moving, I spent with T (a last adventure before she left for DC) on a trip I had been wanting to take to visit some of Northern California's lighthouses. Here is the basic itinerary we followed.
Sunday May 26th
#1 Point Bonita Lighthouse
Point Bonita Lighthouse, Sausalito, CA 94965
Open: 12:30-4:30pm
Point Bonita to Point Reyes - 54.7 mi - About 1 hour 42 mins
#2 Point Reyes Lighthouse
27000 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Inverness, CA 94937
Open: 10:00am-4:30pm
Arrive by 3:00
#3 Abbotts Lagoon, Point Reyes National Seashore
Monday May 27th
#4 Point Arena Lighthouse
45500 Lighthouse Road, Point Arena, CA 95468
Open: 10:00am-3:30pm
Point Arena to Point Cabrillo Light - 39.1 mi - About 1 hour 3 mins
#5 Point Cabrillo Light Station
45300 Litehouse Rd, Mendocino, CA 95460
Open: Sunrise-Sunset
Should you decide to pursue such a course yourself, be advised that Highway 1 is, for miles, completely devoid of cell phone reception. I actually had to pull out a *gasp* foldout map. Thank you Dad!
T had already blogged extensively about the trip should you prefer to read her take here.
If I was to do it again I would plan for three days and spend more time hiking around and exploring. We had to rush to Point Reyes to get there before it closed, and there were so many moments driving when one or both of us wanted to stop to drink in the landscape. It made me homesick for California and I haven't even left yet.
More to come.....
No comments:
Post a Comment