Saturday, June 8, 2013

Lighthouse Trip - Abbotts Lagoon

I've come to Abbotts Lagoon every time I've gone out to Point Reyes for years. There are perfect spots for beach picnics nestled in the dunes there. This time, I was way to tired to lug food all the way out the level path to the beach. We ate in the car, T was a good sport.






This driftwood boat was perfection. Kudos to the constructors. If only we had had a flag to hoist up that rope.


It was a rather blissful end to the day.

What followed was a long dark drive up the coast to our hotel - who's desk closed hours before our arrival. Thankfully there was an envelope in the dropbox with my name on it containing keys, or we would have been sleeping on top of picnic crumbs.






Grateful we enjoyed (survived) the drive and had beds to sleep in.


No comments: