Monday, August 30, 2010

The California Museum

When you work for free...they give you a desk!

This morning I met with one of the program mangers at the California Museum downtown. They are actually in the same building as the state archives - where I want to work. I have a project, and possibly more after that. They gave me a desk, with a pretty good view. Told me my credentials were exceptional, I guess they are nice when you are working for free. It is going to be fantastic and I am really thrilled. I get to do research and maybe even design the graphics that will be on display in the museum. It's a dream - and will give me some really great experience. Maybe I can even find a way to get them to pay me.

On a side note - the curators comments about our state's first lady were really humorous, she has made the museum a pet project, he even said something to the effect of "Once Maria's gone maybe we will get to be a REAL history museum again" :). Also, for all you interested, they just put up an exhibit about purses through the decades which I was quite impressed with.

No comments: