Friday, August 13, 2010

Mexico

Now a long month after my trip, having sufficiently recovered from the summer classes, I can post the few photos that I took - all of the wedding.







I left Thursday night and arrived Friday morning at 6am. My first presentation was at 9am at the law firm of one of my students. I then had a meeting at a law school at 11:30 and then another presentation at another law firm at 1pm. I got a short nap break and then we had an alumni reception at 8pm. It was a long but excellent day.

I must say I was surprised by Mexico City. I loved it! It helped that I had several friends there and they did a significant amount of shuttling around the city. It was wonderful to visit all of them. Another student flew up from Brazil and since it was also his first visit to the city we were able to do some tourist stuff together.

The wedding was beautiful, it was held in a gorgeous church and the reception was at a restaurant in the park at the center of the city overlooking a small lake.

On Sunday we went to the Anthropological Museum, which was fantastic! Then we went to this very authentic restaurant where the Mexican students ordered food and then didn't tell us what it was until after we had eaten it - cue cactus, bone marrow, and ant eggs. Yes, ant eggs and they taste like eggs only look like rice.

In all, a fantastic trip.

No comments: