Things are getting quite official. There is nothing like having multiple passports to put things in perspective. This is real, I'm moving to Africa, and it's a thrill.
What is working for the Department of State like? Honestly, I have no idea. Let's talk about the fact that I've been sitting in a classroom for the last few months. Granted, I like classrooms more than the average person, but there are many days I wish I had some work to do. Productivity would be much more measurable.
Thankfully, there have been a spattering of days when I've had a break.
A snowy day lunch at the top of the Harry S. Truman building.
It's almost completely thanks to Colin Powell that I did not quit during the first few horrific weeks of training.
And yes, stalking my boss in hallways also helped put things in perspective.
Once winter ended life improved drastically. I thoroughly enjoy DC. Though the tug of the black passport is always there, reminding me the days here are winding down and it will soon transport me to foreign soil.
No comments:
Post a Comment