Friday, July 19, 2013

The Waiting Game Continues...

Invitations for the September orientation class for Foreign Service Specialists went out this week. Projected hiring for FY 2012-13 was 44 people. With only 30 of those spots filled that left 14 open spots. Guess who was safely inside the first 14 on the list?

However, sequestration doom meant only six lucky folks got pulled for September. While not unexpected, as it wasn't likely they were going to take the full 14, this does alter life for the next six months. It presents some new opportunities and potential changes I haven't quite worked out yet. Not to mention I am now anticipating a move to Washington D.C. in the frozen winter. It's a relief to have some direction, even if it only is a brief reprieve until uncertainty kicks in again. Naturally I will use this six months gift to throw my life into chaos.

I did go home straight home Wednesday evening and bake a blueberry pie for solace.




I suppose this is good news, won't be running off to Turkmenistan any time soon. Nope, just more waiting. January offers should go out near the dawn of December, stay tuned (should go out in the same way September's go out near the beginning of July... or the 17th).

No comments: