Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ghost of Int'l Law Programs Past

With summer programs approaching I've been pulling double duty and doing a little work at UCD.


In the process, I have realized there is a good chance (should I become a ghost) I will be forced to haunt the UC Davis International Law Programs offices. It has been 3 years since I quit and for the following reasons I still seem to work there:

If you call the main phone line and get the answering machine you hear my voice (I sound about 16, though I believe I was 24 when I recorded that message).

If you call the director's office you hear me again. The message even instructs you to contact Kristen S... if you have an urgent question (I'm sure this evokes sorrowful reminders that I'm not there).

The whiteboard outside the director's office (where she is supposed to indicate where she is) obviously is futile because her name is still written in my sloppy hand - which was seriously trippy to realize as I walked by.


My picture graces the walls in several places.

Items hang on the walls where I left them.

More than even my parent's house, I don't know there is any place on earth that bears so many vestiges of my presence. It's creepy.

No comments: