The last few
My primary wish is simply for the semester to be over. The more apt wish would be that I was prepared for my comprehensive exam. I had a meeting with my advisor last week that threw me a complete curve ball. I’d had fellow students outline what the test was like for them and explain what the chair of our department instructed them to do, but each professor handles the exam in their own way. Not that I’m complaining, but I wish I’d known my advisor was going to do things a completely different way. Good thing I adore her, and agree with her approach (I just wish I wasn’t the person who had to take the test). I don’t know how I’m going to “know more than you’ve ever known in your life” in 25 days. Here goes nothing. Maybe, if I survive, I’ll write a book – How to Become an Expert on Victorian and Modernist Literature in 25 Day. I can tell you the conclusion now – it is impossible. Doesn’t mean it won’t be entertaining.
No matter if it is or not, I'm going to wake up May 1st and feel as though it is tomorrow. I suppose I'd better pass the time studying.

No comments:
Post a Comment