Saturday, April 6, 2013

DC Part I

Don't get excited. The only places I visited were basically the Holocaust Museum (which we spent most of the day Saturday at) and the Vietnam Memorial. I didn't even walk the extra 200 feet to see Abe. My feet hurt okay! I'm planning on going back so this was a leisurely visit. Most of the time was just spent wandering around.

I pretty much ate and slept-in for the entire weekend. Visited with best friend T and lovely A as well. 

A and I worked together at the MTC in Provo with T's sister L. I hadn't seen A since L's wedding, and L has 3 babes now...it has been a while. In July A leaves to do a two-year stint in Thailand for work, so she will sadly be gone before I can get back.

It was a perfectly relaxing vacation. I'm quite content. It could have been a disaster. 

I packed three days in advance. One bag for DC and one bag for the single night I stayed in Berkeley with D and N. Which they found hilarious.

 Riding BART to the airpot in the middle of the night. Alright, it was only a little before 6am, but knowing what time I was going to have to get up Friday morning had me terrified. 


 Naturally the man next to me on the plane smelled horrid. 

 I adore the ceiling at Reagan airport.

And the floors.

Thursday night I stayed with A, and agonized over the time change. Could not fall asleep.

 Friday T arrived and we checked in at the hotel. I stayed in that bed until 10 or 11 both Saturday and Sunday. Went to bed surprisingly early as well. Catching up.

 Walking around the Mall Friday.

 We stopped in only to see the gem exhibit and the Hope diamond. Then headed to a lovely dinner at The Capital Grille. Which was amazing.

DC was charming, if a bit chilly. I'm looking forward to T and I meeting up there again, someday. I'll write a follow-up later for Part 2 with other fun things we did...but it might have to wait a couple weeks. Stories to come. 

No comments: