Friday, April 13, 2012

IDs

Appropriately following last week's thoughts regarding the approaching birthday:

I was organizing the other evening and the number of university ID's laying around my desk caught my eye. After a moment I realized that (not counting kindergarten) I have been in college for as long as I attended 1st-12th grade. That is 24 years of formal education.


Oh man, how do you begin to measure that? It's more than years, more than just time, it's effort. Good job me, but seriously???? One unofficial motto at BYU is "enter to learn; go forth to serve". Probably time to quit 'entering' and spend a little more time going forth and 'serving' by putting everything I'm supposed to have learn to use.

Must unearth the motivation to finish the final thesis! I will admit to looking at additional potential graduate programs the other evening - two master's apparently is still not sufficient.

No comments: