Saturday J and I stopped in briefly at the Sacramento
Antiquarian Book Fair. I was slightly nervous to look at the books; I didn’t
intend to buy anything. Miraculously, I made it out without a single book. I
even managed to resist a pair of Abraham Lincoln bookends. Most of the books
were not quite as “Antiquarian” as I expected. Though I did spot several
pre-1800 texts, most of the books were more recent publications. Because we
stopped in just before the close of the day, no entrance fee and we got free
passes to the next book fair in September.
I did have an enlightening chat with a bookseller who specializes
in Dickens and picked his brain regarding resources for my thesis. Vastly
helpful, but slightly discouraging, he gave me a topic no one has studied related
Dickens. Sadly (or thankfully), I have already submitted work and cannot change
my topic, but if I ever decide to do some original research I have a topic.
For $125 you can buy this amazing Disney Silly Songs pop-up book.
Those first edition Baum books - over $600. Sadly the volumes I have are not first editions or in that good of shape.
If you can spot it "Mickey Mouse in the Foreign Legion" was calling my name.
I don't know if they placed this book on the end of the shelf on purpose, I hope they did. It is quite the sight to greet when you turn the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment