Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Barn Time

Saturday morning after G and I went to breakfast we headed for some quality barn time. I needed to get a box to take to my friend F, and we used the occasion to go through some other boxes out there from the grandmother. G stated opening boxes and she pulled out this light stitch cover, "wow" was all that made it out of her mouth.


Mountains.
 

Love the cheesy photo.

I've been so impressed with the grandparent's record collection, not what I had expected. Then I saw the name written on some covers, they belonged to grandmother's aunt. Suddenly the titles made much more sense.

Pennsylvania Dutch painted welcome sign. Need to do some genealogy, really couldn't tell you anything about my Pennsylvania Dutch ancestors.

What???? I'm assuming this is a brick of tea that you chip pieces off of? Copyright 1980? This brick of tea is older than me! It can't still be good can it? What a thing to save for three decades.

It does have fancy designs stamped on it.

Painted rooster box.

Grabbed this - can't wait to listen to it.

A very Versailles style Cinderella.

Just for B - he's making a shadow puppet over the cover. It's a bunny.

No comments: