Grandpa T arranged for a friend of his to pick us up and drop us off at the airport in Burbank, about 10 min from his house. The first thing I noticed when he pulled up was his license plate.

If you can't see it in the photo it reads FROGPRN - see it now? His name is William Selditz, his is a jazz drummer, treasurer of the Los Angeles Jazz Society, and entertained us with stories of Jeff Hamilton and Snookie Young. Interesting guy, on the way to drop us off at the airport he threw out something about "could have showed you LA" I don't know that I'd want a tour but when he told us that he had seen Jeff Hamilton the other night (while we were there) I wished I had the chance to sit around with a bunch of drummers in their 60's and 70's and ask them what LA used to be like. What it was like to play with Ella Fitzgerald, Rosemary Clooney, and Tony Bennett.

If you think people can get a little religious about Disneyland you are right. A big highlight was the Splash Mountain saga. The first time we rode T was shocked that I managed to be so charming in our first photo - knowing where the camera is helps :)

We had beautiful weather the first two days, on Monday I saw the sign for the new Cars Land - I almost died, lil'J is going to freak out when we take him.

I could have sat in the Illustrator's workshop in CAdventure all day! Pooh's neck is too long, but it was so much fun. We went back for more later in the week.

The Svz's love us a Monte Cristo sandwich. Just for you C and Mom.
If you think people can get a little religious about Disneyland you are right. A big highlight was the Splash Mountain saga. The first time we rode T was shocked that I managed to be so charming in our first photo - knowing where the camera is helps :)



1 comment:
next time you go to DL you should get a Pineapple Whip! SO SO GOOD you will die! The only other place I've seen them is at the state fair. At DL they are by that Tiki Room thing
Post a Comment