Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekends

I have been thinking about bookends and contemplating how the weekends really are huge stabilizers for me, even if they are sometimes full of chaos. Work is about to get crazy, it has been for the past few weeks but it will ratchet up to a new level tomorrow-luckily I love all the students who will shortly arrive. Last weekend I had a nice long four-day weekend which was self preserving with the move and gave me a chance to relax. It ended Monday night with FHE at the capitol and dinner downtown afterward.

(Insert crazy week here) This weekend begins with dinner in Fair Oaks with C and a movie afterward.

Granted I did respond to some work emails at 2 am when I got home, sad I know, but it was a nice break. Especially since I do not get a single complete day off this weekend. Went into the office this morning for a couple hours and have meetings all day tomorrow. Sigh! Thankfully once I get there it will be great.

Even more pathetic, the highlight of my week was setting up remote access to my desktop at work through my laptop. Seriously so excited. I have been begging for this for years!

1 comment:

Shoecrazy Sue said...

LOVE this picture of you and Charity! I So thought of you last week, I hit a big sale @ Banana Republic and got some cute things and thought of you because you have some darling things from there! Glad to hear that you are finding time to enjoy life a little!!