Monday, July 6, 2009

Blog Backlog

July 4th
Since the folks are out in Utah visiting the Gs, I spent the 4th with C's family in Woodland. It was lovely - there was tons of food and it was so nice to meet everyone. They all knew about Clearlake (and my car breaking down). I had heard so much about them it was nice to meet everyone.
It was also the first morning waking up in my new place. There was a stake pancake breakfast at 7:00 AM - and I actually went. I even know three people in the stake who I saw at the breakfast - which was nice.
Afterward there was more unpacking and then some lovely time with people from my branch here at J's pool in Woodland. Fun - and no sunburn!
Then it was over to the S's. A wonderful 4th!





July 3rd was the official moving day! It was chaos, alright it was not that bad but lacking sufficient sleep I was kinda a mess. Moving began at 7:45 when B gave me a ride over to the UHaul place to get the moving van. It was huge! We loaded everything up and took it out to Sacramento - thanks to everyone who helped!!!
It was a long day at 10:00 I was still trying to get things unpacked. Haven't finished yet. There is still quite a bit of stuff at my apartment in Davis - it will come over slowly.

What would be a move without multiple configuration's!

This was the sixth or seventh configuration and I have since moved a few items around, but I will wait for more pictures when I have actually moved everything over.

A couple Friday's ago B and I went down to see Okkerville River and Wilco at the Mountain Winery (down by San Jose). It was fantastic!


Then it was time for Wilco, their set was really long and absolutely rocked!

We were seriously twenty feet from Nels Cline. Amazing! The energy was fantastic and there was great interaction between the band and the crowed - with some lovely humorous moments.

Jeff Tweeny

The show was incredible!


And finally, from J and lil'J's visit, here is Grandma and lil'J.

No comments: