Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer Weekend

It finally feels like summer! Loved waking up to this every morning....

Braving the cold and the bugs we spent two lovely nights sleeping outside on the deck. I explained to my grandmother that it was not freezing cold so it would be fine - she then turned to C and asked if she thought it was "freaking" cold?





We had a great time on the boat and the weather was beautiful. Tho the "crew" did have to wipe down the boat before the skipper would take us out. Dad lost his hat to the wind and we had a lovely time recovering it from the lake. Amazingly enough we did not breakdown on the lake.

Gorgeous weather!


While we were sitting in the swing on the deck G said "I solemnly swear to catch a fish before I leave", in about an hour there was a catfish on her line. It must have been there for quite a while as it had pulled her line out REALLY far.

If my dad is looking pretty pleased with himself in this photo it is because he almost scared me straight off the dock chasing me with the catfish. He had already gotten G to run up the ramp. Mom was yelling at me not to back up any farther or I would fall in. Everyone watching from the deck got a priceless moment.

2 comments:

Tali Nay said...

oh my gosh! what fun times with the svozils. wish i could have been there!

BrittneyGrace said...

That sounds like a fantastic weekend! I am glad you had fun!