The internet has finally arrived in my apartment. And what a day it has been. This morning I awoke 2 hours ahead of normal in order to get my car to the repair shop (the check engine light, which has been on for several months, started blinking ominously this weekend). My mother was kind enough to drive out to Roseville and pick me up so that I could be home by 10 to meet the Comcast guy. Sadly he was running a little late which means I drifted in and out of consciousness waiting for him, never quite able to sleep because I was waiting for that knock at the door.
Finally he arrived, normal, not as scary as I feared. Far too many awkward moments with cable and repair men. However no sooner had he entered than he left again to take a phone call – more waiting. Minutes past and finally he returned. Hey, wait a minute - did he really just leave to go out to spray cologne on???? Please!!! At that point I decided to keep my distance and started doing the dishes and reading while the cable man sat in my closet. Thirty minutes later the internet is hooked up and I am online. But don’t worry the Comcast guy gave me a parting gift – free cable. I guess this was supposed to impress me, but I don’t even have a TV, what am I supposed to do with cable??? And the last thing I need in my bedroom is TV!
In addition I cannot get my wireless router to work, extremely vexing! I tried for two hours and then gave up, what use is it to be online when I have to sit on the floor of my closet to use the internet. I can just see how the environment will help with my homework productivity.
No comments:
Post a Comment