Saturday, November 8, 2008

Night at the Paramount

This week I made two trips down to the Paramount Theater in Oakland. The first was on Monday to see Ray LaMontagne’s show with my friend C. The second was on Friday to watch North by Northwest with a group of friends. First off the theater is in opulent Art Deco style and the people there were great. I have not had such an enjoyable people watching experience in a long time. Monday’s show was really fantastic and I enjoyed it more than I expected. The movie last night is one of my favorites and it was a great group of people. But it really was the setting that added that extra something. The building is amazing.

Like stepping into another world. On Friday they had a organist playing selections from various movies - he was amazing. But that is why people live in cities, there are so many amazing things to do. Now don't get me wrong Davis has more "activities" than most cities its size because of the University but it is not the same.

No comments: