Sunday, August 10, 2008

In The Beginning....

Since my life is so absolutely fascinating... I figured beginning a blog might be a good idea. Perhaps this week was not the ideal time - as I am in the middle of more projects than I can complete, but then, there is no time like the present.
 

Life for the past month and a half has been consumed by work and vain attempts at finishing my thesis proposal. After much trepidation I finally have a thesis committee, now I just need to get my proposal to them. My chair has given me a completion deadline of May 2009 (which I am just fine with). I am looking forward to finishing my masters.  Looking forward to it more than I can say. If my children ever indicate they are going to work full-time and simultaneously attend school full-time for their masters, they will get an earful from me. I am proof that it is possible, but I would not encourage anyone to put themselves through this.

Over the summer work has kicked into high gear. I have 38 foreign attorneys I am coordinating a summer LL.M. program for and 16 LL.M. students arriving this month for a 9-month academic year LL.M. program - phew they keep me busy but I do so enjoy them. Thus the thesis progress has been slow.


There is so little time, but since my trip to Paris (for work - my second voyage of the year) begins on the 23rd and it will be something I will definitely want to post about I figured I better start early. Who doesn't love new ways to use up already scarce time?

No comments: