Friday, October 11, 2013

D & J Wed

I'm backdating, so be prepared. I've got months to catch up on. Who knew moving and a new job would wreak havoc on one's blogging.

The whole reason for the previously blogged Portland trip was for J and I to attend our cousin D's wedding.

 Beautiful Oregon.

 J and I arrived early to help set up. We brought up the guest book (the tall frame on the right) on the plane along with the table book, and picked up some other items in Portland. Our task was to set up the entry table.

 Another project of mine was to cut the vinyl lettering for the chalkboards my uncle built. Originally D asked me if we'd do the writing in chalk, but the vinyl looked crisp.

 Centerpieces with the flag labels I did.

 As my uncle walked D down the isle my aunt sang. It was amazing. Even if I could sing like that I wouldn't be able to hold it together to sing at my daughter's wedding.

 Wed.

The masterpiece

Rather than doing a traditional guest book D asked for a shadow box where everyone would write on hearts and stick them in the frame. Sister J built that frame people. I took some creative license and changed the set-up a little from what D had first requested when I designed and made the center emblem with their monogram and the date. I think it turned out fantastic. The new husband couldn't believe J had actually built it for them.

 Cousins playing lawn games.

 Mouthwatering.

 Not quite so mouthwatering to look at, but I managed to eat some.

 The Surprise

In addition to building the frame, J also made this book as a surprise. Again, I designed and painted the cover. D & J loved it. J is accepting orders ;)


It was perfect. In typical me style I booked our return flights for that evening, so we had to leave early to catch our plane. Glad and grateful to have made the trip.

And seriously - J's mad skills are available for hire, and I'll throw my mark on it as well, just because she is a nice enough sister to let me.

No comments: