The grandparents have been staying up in Auburn with my aunt and uncle while Papa has cancer treatments. After the most recent prognosis I drove up for a visit while my parents were doing weekend-sitting.
It was ridiculously hot for October, but we got Papa out on the deck with the babes. Heat levels corresponded accurately to the amount of energy J & Q put into their juice drinking.
It was hot.
Grandpa helps J with his sticker covered socks and shoes following our efforts to sneak up on a dear in a neighbor's field. J and I made good progress until Q realized what we were doing and came screaming across the wilderness of the backyard. Bambi's mom was off like a rocket.
I'm loathing the steadily approaching absence of one of these profiles from my life. Hopefully there will be time for a few more weekend visits.
No comments:
Post a Comment