Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shower Box

Now that the baby is here and packages delivered, this is what we did for J's shower,



Started out with the lovely feather friends, thanks to mom's fantastic cricket cutter!


Each came in its own tree covered envelope.




Most of the boxes were easy to make. Sadly I bought some paper that was to thick to cut. Mom saved the day and we used her scroll saw (that's right electric saw) to cut the paper for the boxes, it was even to thick for the mat board cutter.


Covered all the boxes in fabric and tied with a ribbon and a button.


I cut out paper in the shape of an owl (pattern stolen from MS), scanned the image and printed on card stock - affixed to magnets. Honestly I love love loved the garlands the most.


I also threw together a cd of random songs (MS once again had some suggestions, but I had to make some changes) that we included and mom supplied some treats.





They were lots of fun to put together...making your own boxes is NOT however. But I am just that picky, or stubborn, I knew what I wanted and that's what we did. Even with the help of the cricket cutter the cards were crazy, thank goodness they turned out. You need a good challenging project every once in a while.

1 comment:

Tali Nay said...

everyone who has seen the box you sent me has been SO impressed and wants to do the same thing for someone else. well done! and it was so wonderful to see you. wish we weren't always so far away.