I have an online class, there is no participation, do the work and take a non-cumulative exam every 4-5 weeks. Since it is on the portrayal of religion in film...I had to watch most the 4 movies for the exam last week. No problem. I'd studied the books and watched all but 1 move by Wednesday. I knew Thursday I'd have time to watch the final film. I finally got around to it about 9pm. Only to discover the version online has Chinese subtitles on a Hindi film - and a picture is not worth a 1000 words if they're in a foreign tongue. If I'd know what I know know about the contents of the exam I would not have even bothered watching it, but working under the false assumption that questions about the movie (since it is the subject of the class) would actually be on the exam I felt compelled to watch it. After much searching I found it available on
iTunes to rent - problem solved. Or not, 1st download - corrupted, there were no pictures only sound and a purple screen. 2
nd download - same. By 3am I gave up. Of course I became so stressed I woke up Friday morning absolutely ill. Though this did thankfully give me a chance to sleep (much needed) and check multiple bookstores in the area. Copy found, purchased, and watched.
After all the effort I was disappointed NOT to have questions about it on the exam. Though watching it was the best part of my week.
Meanwhile my new laptop arrived on Thursday and besides taking a quick peek at my parent's house Thursday I didn't open the box again until Saturday night. So instead of getting ready for enrichment Tuesday and doing my homework I was working on my lovely project for J's shower!
Since J can't come to California for a shower, we are going to send a little bit of shower to everyone. I limited her to under 30, because I am after all human, but it has been so much fun, and exhausting. Impossible without the use of my mother's tools I spent hours creating these little friends - each of which arrives in its own little tree.
2 comments:
An army of hoot owls. Wonderful. What are we going to do tonight, Kristen. Same thing we do every night, try to take over the world.
Luv ya! your favorite parents
Do I have un-favorite parents? I should let them know :)
Post a Comment