This week has been excruciating in many ways. I am happy to announce I have now completed all the coursework for my masters program. Just that darn thesis to finish now. In addition to being the last week of school – the very last week, I interviewed ten people for jobs in my office. I can say without reservation that I hope not to interview anyone for a very long time. It is always good experience but normally we only do 3-4, so ten seemed over the top. Interviewing can be a wonderful confidence booster. However, it does compress the work week and when things are busy already, phew, I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
It gives me great pleasure to announce for the first time in many months, I had a normal weekend. There was nothing normal about it – but it felt the way a weekend should. Lots of cleaning and organizing was accomplished. I slept in on Saturday and then met my friend B at the driving range at 11:00. We hit for an hour or so and then met B’s boyfriend JT (who some of you have previous acquaintance with) to play a round. I had the perfect first hole. It was a beautiful par. It could have been even better but I missed my first putt and had to settle for par. I basically killed everyone the first hole – and then proceeded at my normal level of expertise. But for having only played one other time in the last year I was feeling pretty good. The weather was beautiful, though slightly chilly. It was great to be outside. I feel like I hardly see the sun as it is now dark when I get off work. I was feeling so great afterwards I decided to go work out for an hour. I should have thought a little harder about that, since I have not picked up my clubs since this summer. Needless to say I could not move my arms this morning without groaning.
No comments:
Post a Comment